Programmable, low-noise, three-channel power supplies that deliver up to 375W in a compact 2U high, half-rack-wide enclosure have been introduced by Tektronix. The Keithley Series 2230G is designed for maximum flexibility, accuracy, and low noise when testing high power, multi-voltage circuits such as LED drivers, automotive, and power-IC circuits.
The power supplies’ three channels are isolated, independent and individually programmable with remote sensing for each channel.
“Designers and test engineers are being challenged to test high-power circuits with a wide range of voltage levels and current draws in compact test environments, while also ensuring minimum noise and maximum accuracy,” said Lori Kieklak, vice president and general manager, Keithley Product Line at Tektronix. “This is particularly the case in R&D and in stacked, tightly spaced automated setups with high production throughput. Keithley’s new series of multichannel power supplies provide the best performance and flexibility needed for testing a wide range of product configurations.”
To provide this flexibility, the 2230G-30-3 provides 195W with two 30V, 3A channels and a 5V, 3A channel, while the 2230G-30-6 and 2230G-60-3 provide up to 375W, with two 30V, 6A channels and two 60V, 3A channels, respectively.
Both 375W versions also have a 5V, 3A third channel. For higher voltages or currents, 30V channels can be combined in series to get up to 60V, and two or three channels can be connected in parallel to deliver up to 15A from the 2230G-30-6. All channels are simultaneously displayed on the front-panel display.
To minimize the effects of noise on the device under test (DUT), the triple output power supplies use a linear design with <1mV RMS ripple and noise.
- 195 W model has two 30 V, 3 A channels and one 5 V, 3 A channel
- All channels are independently controlled and are isolated to power a wide range of test setups
- All channels have remote sensing so the programmed voltage is accurately applied to the load
- Set and monitor output voltages with 0.03% basic accuracy and 1 mV resolution
- Monitor load current with 0.1% basic accuracy and 1 mA resolution
- Low noise, linear regulation with <1 mV rms ripple and noise
- Voltage and current outputs of three channels are displayed simultaneously for immediate observation of each output state
- USB, GPIB, and RS-232 interfaces and rear panel connections for automated test convenience
The linear design also ensures the supplies don’t add to ambient noise and affect other sensitive instrumentation being used for the test.
Using the supplies’ remote sensing capability, the user can set and monitor output voltages with a 0.03% basic accuracy and a resolution of 1mV. Load current can be monitored to 0.1% basic accuracy, and 1mA resolution.
The programmable multiple output power supplies include both front and rear access to the power outputs for orientation flexibility in test setups while minimizing required lead lengths to reduce noise pickup, minimize losses, and keep the test setup neat.
The 2230G Series comes with three standard interface options for PC-based control: USB, GPIB, and RS-232.
The 2230G Series are available for purchase for €1,230 – €1,500. More information: www.tek.com