The new OWON XDS3064 4-in-1 digital storage oscilloscope is a reliably measurement tool for a really good price. The colorful 8″ (20.3 cm) TFT LCD panel with the resolution of 800 × 600 allows an excellent readability of the wave, especially in regards to high data volume or many waves covered reciprocally.
The special features of the XDS3000 series are a multitouch surface (from the XDS3102A) and a high vertical resolution up to 14 bits. The -plus variants are equipped with a 3¾ digit multimeter and a 25 – 50 MHz waveform generator. The XDS series offers a bandwidth of 60 – 300 MHz, a sample rate of 1 – 2 GSa/s in dual channel and a memory depth of 40 MSa per channel.
- 60MHz – 200MHz Bandwidth，1GS/s sample rate
- 8-bit high resolution ADC
- 40M record length max 70,000 wfms/s waveform refresh rate
- low back ground noise
- 8 inch 800 x 600 high resolution LCD, optional multi-touch screen, more user-friendly operation experience
- SCPI, and LabVIEW supported
- multi- trigger, and bus decoding function
- multi-interface integration – USB host, USB device, USB port for PictBridge, LAN, AUX, and VGA
The XDS series oscilloscopes from the Chinese brand OWON has a number of features that you do not (yet) find on comparable models from other brands, and all that for a very sharp pricing. In this review I take a closer look at the affordable, 4-channel XDS3064E, which has a whole lot to offer for less than 400 euros / pounds. Review by Harry Baggen @ elektormagazine.com:
While unpacking this oscilloscope, its large display immediately catches the eye, namely an 8-inch LCD with a resolution of 800×600 pixels (the competition usually has a 7-inch display) plus touch screen functionality. I have not seen this before in this price category. After switching the instrument on, this first impression is not diminished: Wow, what a beautiful screen with a wide viewing angle!